Keeping the data of our users protected and secured is our utmost priority. As per GDPR rules and requirements, we make sure to use easy to understand language and maintain a transparent communication and processing of data for our users.
It is important to understand the meaning of personal data, according to Article 4 of GDPR, 'personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Right to Erasure or Right to be Forgotten
As a user or customer to our website, you have the right to question us at any point mentioned in this policy. You also have the "right to erasure" or "right to be forgotten" under GDPR, where you can request us to remove any personal or sensitive information associated with you through email or call.
How We Collect Your Information
Our website collects information in two formats. One is personal information which is asked from the user during signup or while filling an order or contact form. We act as data controllers for it and reserves the right to process it as per GDPR requirements without violating any user's rights.
The second form includes collecting data through automated means i.e. information fetched about the users without their attentive involvement.
Personal information is collected in form of:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Billing Information such as PayPal email and transaction, bitcoin address, and billing address
Whereas automatic information involves:
- Your IP address and location
- Browser type
- Referring/exit pages
- Operating system (PC/Laptop/Mobile)
Why This Information Is Collected
As we are a web hosting service provider, we have to take information to process your requests in an efficient and seamless manner to avoid any inconvenience to you. We collect the personal information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you marketing communications (opt-in)
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Prevent fraudulent orders
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third-parties. However, as per Article 14, we are liable to inform you:
- When personal data have not been obtained from you – the data subject, and as a data controller shall provide you the identity and the medium from which the data is obtained, such as third-parties or through cookies etc.
- The purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended as well as the legal basis for the processing.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We understand that as per new GDPR requirements, we are liable to ensure that the information received or gathered from any Third-party should also be in compliant with GDPR. Thus, we will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service or fixing an issue you may have. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. However, we are liable to take your consent before sharing any personal information that may cause any inconvenience to you. We ensure that third-parties processing your data are also GDPR complaint, as Article 32 of "Security of processing" suggests.
Disclose Of Your Personal Information
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If SolaDrive is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- When a court, police or a prosecutor demands to know or ask for personal information if a certain person has involved in a criminal act.
Promotion and Advertisement
We abide by the law to protect the sensitive data and information taken from users. In the future, all the promotions and advertisements done will be in compliance with US laws. Also, users will only see targeted advertisements and promotions as per their general interests. Interests of users will be extracted through website cookies or through different tracking tools, such as Google Analytics or Google Search Console. Users may receive promotional content through newsletters on their authenticated email IDs.
In order to ensure and comply with EU GDPR regulation and US Laws, we will update our subscribed users about the use of their information by the third parties in an explicit manner. This step will be taken in order to ensure transparency for our valuable users.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use the following methods and protocols to ensure your data is being handled as safely as possible:
- Use of SSAE 16 certified and PCI compliant data center
- 256-bit Encryption of Data Transfer
- TLS and AES security for chat service communications
- Monthly data storage audits including malware scans and PCI compliance
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website's database to all the relevant individuals and authorities within the prescribed time period 72 hours of the breach under GDPR, only if it is obvious that personal information or data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen or breached.
Upon signing up on our website, email IDs of users will be stored in our system for record purposes. The new users may receive a welcome email from the company on joining. Additionally, these email IDs will also be used to send company's newsletters and other informational documents about new releases of the finance industry. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe to our emails by clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email body.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information and to ensure its accuracy, you can login to your control panel with us and edit your information. If we find issues with the changes, you will be notified by the email on file and asked for consent to implement those changes.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services you can always contact us at our help desk or email us at [email protected] We will only retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You have the right to request for removal of your information from our servers, once we receive your interest and willful consent we will remove your information and will not use or share it with any third-party.