- Install a software based firewall. For linux, we use CSF and Windows we use AVG
- Tweak cPanel/Plesk for best security, spam prevention and abusive practices
- Install LMD (Linux Malware Detect) - A maleware scanner specifically designed for linux environments and proven 48% more effective than any other antivirus for linux
- Install ClamAV - monitoring/scanning software that currently detects over 60,000 viruses, worms and trojans. Updates hourly so you always are safe from the latest threats
- Install SPRI (System Priority) - This software changes the priority of different processes in accordance to level of importance, hence increasing server performance
- RootKit Hunter - scanning tool to ensure your system does not have any backdoors or exploits
- Install CHKRootKit - a simple program that detects hacker software and notifies you via email if anything in the root directories get changed
- Change SSH port to a custom one to ensure port scanning on the normal SSH port is now inaccessible
- Close all ports on your system that are not needed
- Install CPHulk - Software that will block someone if they attempt to login to your server incorrectly more than the set limit
- Disable root access upon request
- 2 Users Found This Useful
External Website can use < img /> tag to display an image from your site somewhere else on...
For security purposes, we recommend that you to disable directory browsing on your website so no...
For security purpose we recommended you to prevent access to your .htaccess file from...
In order to secure your admin area from hackers, we recommended you to allow access only from...
If someone is trying to hack your website or you want to block their IP Address, you can add this...