- To set up mail servers you need to go to first be in Developer mode by going to Settings >> Select Developer Mode
- Go to Settings >> Technical >> Outgoing emails. Here you can setup the incoming and outgoing servers.
Below Example for how to configure SMTP Outgoing Mail Server
- Description: A description of the outgoing mail server.
- Priority: The priority of your mail server. The lower the number the higher the priority. This will mean that the e-mail server with the lowest number will be used the most.
- SMTP server: The pointer to the SMTP of your server, for example, smtp.gmail.com.
- SMTP Port: The port of your SMTP server, for example, port 465 for Gmail.
- Connection security: The type of security. You should choose SSL/TLS for Gmail. The data is then sent over HTTPS.
- Username: Your e-mail account, in this example [email protected]
- Password: The password of your e-mail account
TIP: by default, the time that Odoo sends e-mails from Odoo is every 1 hour. If you wish to modify this you should go to Settings > Automation > Scheduled Actions and open up the record ‘Email Queue Manager’. Modify the time to your likings. For example every 2 minutes.
- Below Example for how to configure SMTP Outgoing Mail Server
- First, go to Settings > Email > Incoming Mail servers and click on Create.
You will get a new window looking like this
Let’s go over the fields:
- Name: A name that you can choose, take something that clearly lets you know which email server this is.
- Server Type: You can choose for POP, IMAP, and local here. POP is the most used one and is used for getting emails from the server to a client.
- Server Name: The name for the server. Usually, you can find this with a simple Google search (pop.gmail.com).
- Port: The port where the server (e-mail) listens too.
- SSL/TLS: Check this is you want to encrypt messages with SSL/TLS.
- Username: The e-mail address which you want to fetch e-mails from.
- Password: The password for your email address
- For Gmail it will look like this:
- Click on Test and Confirm Button to activate this Incoming Mail Server into ODOO.